On December 14, 2017, or 12.14.17, the Telluride Foundation and other local nonprofit organizations hope that every single citizen will log-on to www.telluridegives.org and contribute to their favorite local charities. Donors search for and choose a nonprofit and give directly to something that will make a difference and celebrate the magic of the Telluride region. This is an opportunity for everyone who cares about the Telluride region to give collectively to the community. We hope to raise the most money yet!
If you miss this deadline, you can also donate directly to our account by visiting http://norwood.colibraries.org/new-library-project/.
Only 35 miles from Telluride, many Norwood residents make their living working in Telluride. A new library construction project will build a strengthened foundation in our small rural community. These are dollars well spent, a return on investment that will provide the Norwood community a library that it deserves and can be proud of.
As some of you may remember, last year we passed a mil levy to increase taxes for the construction of a new library. Here is an update on our progress:
- Anderson Hallas was hired as the architect.
- FCI was hired to do the construction of the new facility.
- 100% Design Documents completed.
- Project budget increased from $4,052,000 to $4,312,632.00 due to increased cost of construction from time of estimation to now.
To date, the library has raised $3,862,591.00.
- DOLA -$1,500,000
- Telluride Foundation-$100,000
- Gates Family Foundation-$50,000
- Boettcher Foundation- $50,000
- Adolph Coors-$20,000
- San Juan Sound and Vision-$10,000
- Black Hills Energy-$10,000
Tax Monies in Escrow:
Friends of the Library:
Appropriated Funds in Library Budget:
Remaining balance: $450,047.00.
Your gift can make a difference! You can help us finish this project which will have a lasting impact on the community.
Thank you for donating to us in the past and for considering a donation again this year!