Materials Donation 2021 Procedure
What we ACCEPT:
- Gently used hardback and paperback books, fiction and non-fiction, for children, young adults and adults
- Antique and collectible books
- Commercially recorded CDs (music and audio books)and DVDs in their original container.
What we DO NOT ACCEPT:
Damaged books (broken spines, missing covers, stained, mildewed, dirty, or bug infested)
- Textbooks over 5 years old
- Law Codes or Statutes
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Surplus material from other institutions
- Outdated computer, business, current events, medical, travel books and such(4 years or older)
- Magazines or books published by magazines.
- Cassettes and VHS tapes
- Anything stored outside the home (storage sheds, garage, barn)
Where and When to Donate
- Small donations (one or two bags/boxes) may be dropped off during regular hours. Staff must be contacted for acceptance of the donation before entering the building. Do check library hours which are subject to change.
- Larger donations of any size must be approved by the staff of the library and by making an appointment for acceptance of delivery. Please call the Library during current library hours at 970-327-4833.
Value of your Donation: Your donation is tax deductible. Although we are unable to assign a dollar value to your donation, we are happy to give you a receipt at the time of drop-off.
I HAVE READ AND ACCEPT THE DONATION GUIDELINES; PLEASE PRINT
Lone Cone Library
1455 Pinion St.
PO Box 127
Norwood, CO 81423
970-327-4833 ext 1#
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION
Your donation is tax deductible.
The Lone Cone Library is unable to assign a dollar value to your donation.
Some donated items may be added to the Library’s collection, but the great majority are sold through the Colorado Library Consortium, or placed on the free rack in the lobby. You can greatly help the staff if you donate only saleable books and other media. It takes time, space and energy to sort out and recycle damaged, outdated and unsaleable material. Please recycle unsaleable materials and do not bring them to the library.
STAFF RECEIVING DONATION:____________________________________
DATE OF DONATION:_____________________________________________
TYPE OF DONATION:BOOKS:______ CDS_________ DVD__________
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION TO THE LONE CONE LIBRARY.